Friday, December 31, 2010

Review: A Taste Of Heaven


A Taste Of HeavenA Taste Of Heaven by Alexis Harrington

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A mail-order bride deceived into marrying a septuagenarian, Liberty Ross is at a loss when he dies of pneumonia after a particularly brutal Montana winter. With no job and not enough money to get home, the only employment prospect in town seems to be the whorehouse...but luckily some cowboys show up in need of a cook. While the rancher, Tyler Hollins, specifically does not want a woman on the ranch, he really does need a cook and Libby sticks around long enough for them to fall for each other and start healing their past hurts. This book was very good, striking the right balance between tragedy and joy in the harsh yet beautiful environment of the American West. I read about a cattle drive--and liked it! This is the second book I've read by Harrington and I definitely will be reading more.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment